Happy National Tequila Day! Today, we whipped up our Keto-friendly version of a popular CPK dish: Creamy Tequila Lime Chicken Fettuccine. We subbed zucchini noodles for the pasta and voilá! Delicious, creamy and filling – pair it with a low carb margarita and you’re ready to celebrate this glorious day!
Keto Creamy Tequila Lime Chicken with Zucchini FettucciniPrint Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp jalapeños minced
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 medium zucchini squash spiralized into zoodles
- Add the garlic and jalapeno in a medium saucepan with butter and cook over medium heat.
- Add the chicken broth, tequila, lime juice and cook until reduced to about half, then whisk in the heavy cream and coconut aminos, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a skillet, add chicken breasts and cook on medium high heat, 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan, slice into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Add the bell peppers and onions to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until just slightly softened.
- Add sliced chicken to pan along with zucchini noodles and mix well.
- Add in the heavy cream mixture and cilantro.
- Toss together and cook 1-2 minutes until thickened.