Happy National Tequila Day! Today, we whipped up our Keto-friendly version of a popular CPK dish: Creamy Tequila Lime Chicken Fettuccine aka Keto Tequila Lime Chicken with Zucchini Noodles because we subbed zucchini noodles for the pasta and voila! Delicious, creamy and filling – pair it with a low carb margarita and you’re ready to celebrate this glorious day!
Not a fan of zucchini noodles? I love zucchini noodles, but I know for some people, it just doesn’t compare to actual pasta. Thankfully there are plenty of keto pasta alternatives to try to mix this Keto Tequila Lime Chicken with! As many of you know, I love NuPasta which is the closest low carb pasta alternative I’ve found, however shirataki noodles have also come a long way and are a great option.
One of my newer favorites is Palmini Noodles – I prefer them for lasagne but you can also buy them in a fettuccine version as well. There are so many options to keep meals low carb without sacrificing taste – especially if you’re a pasta lover. So go ahead, experiment with the different options available and leave a comment below filling me in on your favorite keto pasta alternative and how you prepare it!
Keto Creamy Tequila Lime Chicken with Zucchini Fettuccini
- 2 tbsp garlic ?minced
- 2 tbsp jalape?os ?minced
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1/2 red onion ?sliced thinly
- 1/2 red bell pepper ?sliced thinly
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper ?sliced thinly
- 1/2 green bell pepper ?sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cilantro ?chopped
- 2 medium zucchini squash spiralized into zoodles
- Add the garlic and jalapeno in a medium saucepan with butter and cook over medium heat.
- Add the chicken broth, tequila, lime juice and cook until reduced to about half, then whisk in the heavy cream and coconut aminos, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a skillet, add chicken breasts and cook on medium high heat,?3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan, slice into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Add the bell peppers and onions to the pan and cook for?2-3 minutes?until just slightly softened.
- Add sliced chicken to pan along with zucchini noodles and mix well.
- Add in the heavy cream mixture and cilantro.
- Toss together and cook?1-2 minutes?until thickened.