I love poached eggs – I could eat them for every meal, easily. If I had to live on poached eggs and avocados alone, I’d be completely happy for the rest of my life. This keto Eggs Benedict with Quick Hollandaise Sauce is on regular rotation for me – either this or my Salmon Benedict.
While I’ve perfected poaching eggs (check here for my tutorial on how to poach an egg), I recently bought the Dash Egg Cooker, which I mainly use for hard boiled eggs, but it has a poaching function that works quite well if you don’t want quick and hands off poached eggs. The “keto English muffin” is essentially 90-second keto bread, which is simple to make along with my quick microwave Hollandaise sauce, so you can enjoy this delicious keto breakfast recipe even if you are short on time.
As I said above, I love salmon benedict and use smoked salmon or lox sometimes in place of the traditional Canadian Bacon or ham…experiment with what you like, really, Eggs Benedict is delicious with any meat. This very filling keto breakfast recipe comes in at only 9g of net carbs per serving and will keep you filled up for sure – I often have this as brunch because it’s so filling (after my intermittent fasting window has passed).
Keto Eggs Benedict Recipe
For the Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 lemon juiced, or to taste
- 1 pinch pink salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
For the Keto English Muffin
For the Eggs Benedict
- 4 poached eggs
- 4 slices Canadian bacon or smoked salmon, rare roast beef, etc
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 avocado sliced, optional
To Prepare the Hollandaise Sauce
- Beat egg yolks (save the whites for the keto english muffin recipe), lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth. Slowly stream melted butter into the egg yolk mixture while whisking using a whisk or electric hand mixer to incorporate.
- Heat in microwave for 15 to 20 seconds; whisk again for consistency.
To Prepare the Keto English Muffin
- Grease two 4-inch microwave-safe ramekin.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the two flours and baking soda, mix well.
- Add the coconut oil, egg whites and almond milk and whisk until smooth.
- Divide the batter among the two prepared ramekins. Microwave, one at a time, for 90 seconds - 2 minutes (depending on your microwave). Start with 90 seconds and if the batter still looks uncooked in the center, cook for another 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove the muffins from the ramekins and slice in half.
- You can toast the keto English muffins lightly if desired.
To Assemble the Keto Eggs Benedict
- Butter each English muffin half and place on plate butter side up.
- Top each with a slice of Canadian bacon, or your preferred meat.
- Divide the avocado slices among each on top of the meat, if using.
- Gently place one poached egg on top of each.
- Put a generous dollop of Hollandaise Sauce on each.
- Season with salt, pepper and fresh chives, if desired.