Much like keto mozzarella sticks, keto jalapeno poppers are one of my favorite snacks either for myself or on weekends for the family. There’s something about the fried and gooey goodness of both that are so comforting and satisfying. Usually, jalapeno poppers are breaded and fried – which makes them not so keto-friendly – but you can easily make them at home using some tried and true keto hacks and either pop the poppers in your air fryer or in the oven for spicy, crunchy, creamy goodness.
Health Benefits of Jalapenos
Jalapenos are a staple in my kitchen – I love spicy food and add them to nearly everything possible (did you know that jalapenos and chocolate actually make a good combo? More on that another day though…). Jalapenos are more than tasty – they come with health benefits too. Jalapeños are rich in vitamins A and C, and potassium – as well as folate, vitamin K, and B vitamins. . They also are abundant in carotene – an antioxidant that helps to fight cell damage.
So, experiment with jalapenos! If you’re not a fan of spicy foods, you can enjoy the flavor of jalapenos without the heat by removing the seeds…that’s where the spicy heat comes from.
- Air Fryer
- 10 fresh jalapeños
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices sugar free bacon
- avocado oil spray
- Slice the jalapeños in half, lengthwise and remove the seeds. Set about 1/2 of the seeds aside.
- Place the cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- Microwave for 10 - 15 seconds to soften.
- Combine the cream cheese, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese in a bowl. Add the reserved seeds if you prefer spicy keto jalapeno poppers.
- Mix with a spoon or spatula to combine well.
- Fill each of the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange the stuffed jalapenos on the air fryer in a single layer, don't pack them too tightly.
- Lightly spray the poppers with avocado oil spray.
- Air fry the keto jalapeno poppers on 370 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer, arrange and serve with keto ranch dip on the side!
- Alternatively, you can bake these in the oven at 375 degrees for 12 minutes!