Lemon is just the perfect summer flavor, isn’t it? We are blessed to have a lemon tree in our back yard, so this time of year, we are literally overflowing with gorgeous, tangy-sweet lemons. So, why not make Keto Lemon Mug Cakes? Read on for the recipe.
I use the lemons in everything from fish dishes or as a light dressing for my salads, however this is one of the more decadent – though very light! – lemon recipes that I love to make to perfectly cap off a summer barbeque or casual outdoor dinner. For most of my keto baking, I use Swevre sweetener because it bakes really well, is a nearly perfect dupe for real sugar and is a 1:1 swap so it’s easy to keto-fy any recipe.
I like to top this Keto Lemon Mug Cake with fresh whipped cream and a hit of lemon zest, but honestly it’s delicious with the tangy icing!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp granulated Swerve or your favorite sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- juice and zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp powdered Swerve or your favorite sweetener
- 1/2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, granulated sweetener, baking powder, and salt together. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, egg, and melted butter and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sweetener in water and lemon juice together to form the icing. It should be thin.
- Divide cake mixture evenly between four microwave-safe mugs. Microwave on high for 90 seconds each.
- Drizzle icing on top of each mug cake. Serve warm and top with fresh whipped cream and a touch of added lemon zest, if desired.