With Fall comes pumpkin everything – from PSL’s at Starbucks to these Pumpkin scented candles that I love to place around my home each Fall, ’tis the season of pumpkin and we are living for it over here. I’ve already let loose my keto pumpkin pie and low carb (and keto) pumpkin muffin recipes which have been a hit in our house already this season, and so I had to take my shot at a low carb pumpkin cheesecake recipe because cheesecake is my favorite dessert and it deserves the pumpkin spice treatment.
This keto Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe is essentially my classic keto Cheesecake recipe with the addition of pumpkin puree which does bring a few extra carbs with it, but is worth it! I always try to use high quality, organic cream cheese in my keto recipes because the nutrition profile is better for us and you get better fats and not any junk.
I recently bought a springform pan designed for the Instant Pot, which turns out beautifully fluffy cheesecake because of the steam and pressure cooking. While baking this keto cheesecake doesn’t take much longer in the oven – and I’ve included both options in the recipe below – if you have an Instant Pot it’s worth investing in a smaller springform pan. Once you start making cheesecake in your Instant Pot, you’ll never go back to traditional baking!
With only 7g of net carbs per serving, this delicious keto dessert recipe is perfect for holidays or for a Fall treat.
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake - Oven and Instant Pot Methods
- Instant Pot
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Golden Monkfruit granulated brown sugar substitute or your favorite brown sugar sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BATTER
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit granulated sugar substitute or your favorite sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum optional
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree make sure it's pure pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch cardamom
FOR THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Lightly spray a 7x3-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, melted butter, sweetener and vanilla extract together. It should be crumbly, resembling coarse graham crackers. Press the crust mixture into the prepared springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely while you prepare the pumpkin cheesecake batter.
FOR THE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetener until light and fluffy on medium-low speed using a hand mixer.
- Add the rest of the cheesecake batter ingredients one by one while continuing to beat. If you have a stand mixer, it might be easier 🙂 Beat until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake batter mixture into the pan with the cooled crust.
IF BAKING IN OVEN
- Bake at 350℉ for 50 - 60 minutes. The center may still be jiggly - this is ok as it will firm up. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Set in fridge for at least 6 hours until set.
- Then carefully remove from pan and serve!
IF BAKING IN INSTANT POT
- Place the metal trivet at the bottom of your Instant Pot and add 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cover the springform pan with the uncooked cheesecake with aluminum foil and carefully place the springform pan with the cheesecake on the trivet.
- Place the Instant Pot cover on and set to the pressure release valve to Sealing position.
- Set to Manual and High pressure.
- Set timer for 40 minutes.
- When finished, shift the valve to release pressure and wait til all of the pressure is released - about 20 minutes.
- Carefully open your Instant Pot and remove the cheesecake.
- Place it on a cooling rack and remove the foil.
- Let cool for 1 hour and then transfer to fridge for at least 6 hours until set.