We are big brunch people in our household. We love to go out for Sunday brunch here and there and also have brunch each Sunday – whether it’s for our family of three or for friends and family. I enjoy hosting brunch because it’s a wonderfully easy way to entertain — the midday and relaxed vibe is just perfect for unwinding, sharing good food and catching up.
I’ve certainly perfected the art of hosting a keto-friendly brunch – from pancakes and bagels to Eggs Benedict and crustless keto quiche! Here, I’m sharing my two favorite Keto Quiche – Keto Quiche Lorraine and Keto Smoked Salmon Quiche – recipes that even your non-keto family members and friends will love!
To state the obvious, most quiche recipes would be keto if it weren’t for the crust…so these are all crustless but the trick in serving a keto quiche that doesn’t fall apart is to invert it onto a plate after baking. Trying to serve a crustless quiche out of a pie plate can end in disaster, but the simple step of inverting in onto a plate makes keto quiches easy to serve and also offers a pretty presentation at the same time! TIP: Make sure to let your keto quiche set for at least 15 minutes in the pie plate once you remove it from the oven, and then let it set another 10 – 15 minutes AFTER putting it on the serving plate to make sure you get perfect quiche slices every time!
Keto Quiche Lorraine
- 8 oz ham cut into cubes or thin slices, we like Jamon ham but any good quality ham works well
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt we like pink himalayan sea salt
- 4 oz gruyere cheese shredded
- cooking oil spray olive oil or avocado oil, preferably
- Preheat your oven to 350℉
- Lightly spray a pie plate (9-inch) with cooking spray (we prefer avocado oil spray)
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy cream together until smooth.
- Stir in the grated cheese and seasoning.
- Line the bottom of the pie plate with the ham and onion, making sure to evenly distribute.
- Pour the egg mixture gently into the pie plate.
- Bake until golden brown - around 45 minutes. Check 10 minutes before as it may set quicker based on oven variations.
- Remove finished quiche from oven and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- Invert the quiche onto a plate and allow to sit for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes and softened
- 1/4 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp parsley dried
- 12 oz smoked salmon canned or nova lox
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Prepare a 9-inch pie plate by spraying generously with cooking spray.
- Arrange the salmon and onion in a lay on the bottom of the pie pan.
- Sprinkle half (1/4 cup) of the shredded cheese on top of the salmon and onion.
- Place cream cheese, eggs and heavy cream in blender with seasonings and blend until combined and smooth.
- Gently pour the egg mixture over into the pie pan.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove keto quiche from oven and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Invert carefully onto a serving plate and allow to rest for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve!