I love this keto sausage stuffed mushroom recipe, which is low carb and delicious! I make these every year without fail for both Christmas and New Year’s Eve appetizers for everyone to nosh on while preparing the big meal. While you can bake these in the oven, I like to use the air fryer because it’s fast (only 8 minutes!) and I think results in a crisp crust on the top – in the oven you can achieve a similar texture by turning on the broiler for the last minute or so.
This low carb sausage stuffed mushroom recipe is one of my go tos, along with my keto crab stuffed mushrooms which are also delicious and the perfect finger food at the holidays and definitely a crowd pleaser. While many stuffed mushroom recipes include breadcrumbs and I have substituted pork rind crumbs in my other keto stuffed mushroom recipes, I like the texture of the stems in this recipe and omit breadcrumb substitutes to maintain the earthy goodness of the mushroom flavor.
I usually serve these keto stuffed mushrooms with a fresh shrimp cocktail and a charcuterie board with meats and cheeses. That’s always enough to keep everybody satisfied until dinner time!
If you’re looking for other keto air fryer recipes – visit this link for tasty and easy options!
Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz whole mushrooms with stems I like Baby Bellas
- 1 lb cooked spicy ground sausage
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Gently scrub the mushroom tops to clean and remove the stems.
- Place the stems in your food processor along with the other ingredients.
- Process until just combined and chopped together - you don't want it to be too smooth.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with 1 tablespoon of the sausage mixture and arrange them in the air fryer.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 390℉
- If baking these in the oven, cook at 375℉ for 15 minutes and broil for the last minute to brown the top.