I learned to appreciate scallops later in life – after I started keto and got them once in my monthly Butcher Box delivery on a whim. Since then, I get them almost every month and perfected a couple of keto scallop recipes which I make every month without fail, one being my keto bacon-wrapped scallops with spicy mayo in lettuce wraps.
I love the texture of scallops and the flavor that just brings me back to my days growing up on the Connecticut coast. And something about bacon and scallops is a marriage made in heaven. This recipe for bacon-wrapped scallops with a spicy mayo has become a favorite among my family and friends I turn to over and over again – it’s perfect for a keto lunch that’s filling but doesn’t make you feel like you overdid it at all.
When buying bacon, look for sugar-free bacon as many traditional, store-bought varieties do add sugar. You can usually find a sugar-free version – but I just get bacon along with my scallops in my Butcher Box so I don’t have to go on a hunt at the market!
- 8 sea scallops cleaned and patted dry
- 4 slices bacon sugar-free
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp avocado mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 8 toothpicks
- 4 romaine or butter lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Line a small baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Cut each bacon in half to make 8 short strips.
- Wrap each scallop with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle each bacon-wrapped scallop with olive oil and season with fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then turn the broiler on and broil for another 2 minutes.
- While the scallops are baking, mix your avocado mayo and sriracha in a small bowl.
- Top each leaf of lettuce with two of the bacon-wrapped scallops, drizzle with your spicy mayo and enjoy!