Craving something savory, spicy, and loaded with flavor? Here’s a delicious recipe for Low Carb Loaded Cauliflower Nachos straight from my second book, “Keto Carbs Cookbook for Beginners“! It’s the perfect blend of crunch and zest to satisfy those nacho cravings, while keeping it low carb-friendly!
To start, you’ll need either a bag of cauliflower florets or a fresh head of cauliflower. Slice the individual florets into half-inch pieces. Remember, not too small—you want them sturdy enough to handle a generous spread of nacho toppings.
- Seasoning the Cauliflower: Combine a quarter cup of olive or avocado oil with a spice mixture consisting of 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp ground cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss your sliced cauliflower in this vibrant spice mix, ensuring each piece is well-coated.
- Roasting: Arrange the spiced cauliflower in a single layer on a lightly sprayed baking sheet and roast at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
While your cauliflower is transforming into crispy golden goodness, let’s get those toppings ready. For this recipe, spiced ground beef is my go-to, but feel free to opt for ground chicken, rotisserie chicken, or your preferred protein. Layer your protein with shredded Mexican cheese, slices of red onions, fresh tomatoes, spicy jalapenos, and finish off with another sprinkle of cheese.
Return the loaded cauliflower to the oven and bake for an additional five to seven minutes, or just until the cheese reaches its peak of meltiness. To garnish, sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro and dollops of sour cream and salsa, and voilà—your deliciously healthy Loaded Cauliflower Nachos are ready to be devoured!
Enjoying the Dish:
There’s something immensely satisfying about indulging in a dish that’s not only bursting with flavors but is also in sync with your health and nutritional goals. These Loaded Cauliflower Nachos, with their medley of spices and textures, are not just a fan favorite but also a testament to the versatility and delight of low-carb cooking.
For the detailed recipe and more delightful concoctions, check out the full recipe on my website. Enjoy your healthy fiesta!
In the quest for healthy and delightful eating, these Loaded Cauliflower Nachos are a beacon, showcasing that nourishing food can indeed be tantalizingly delicious. So why wait?
Loaded Cauliflower Nachos
- 1 Bag of cauliflower florets or 1 Head of fresh cauliflower
- ¼ Cup of olive or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground beef or your preferred protein: ground chicken, rotisserie chicken, etc.
- Taco seasoning to taste
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Sliced red onions
- Fresh tomatoes diced
- Sliced jalapenos
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Sour cream for serving
- Salsa for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prepare the Cauliflower:
- Slice the cauliflower florets into half-inch pieces.
- Mix the Spices and Oil:
- In a bowl, combine olive or avocado oil with onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Coat the Cauliflower:
- Add the sliced cauliflower to the bowl and mix well to ensure each piece is coated in the oil and spice mixture.
- Roast the Cauliflower:
- Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare the Toppings:
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare your preferred protein with some taco seasoning.
- Assemble the Nachos:
- Once the cauliflower is ready, add a layer of your prepared protein, shredded Mexican cheese, sliced red onions, diced fresh tomatoes, and sliced jalapenos over the cauliflower. Finish it off with another layer of shredded cheese.
- Bake Again:
- Return the nachos to the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- Once out of the oven, garnish the nachos with some chopped cilantro, sour cream, and salsa.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your homemade, low-carb Loaded Cauliflower Nachos!
Always choose fresh ingredients for the best flavor.
Visit my website for more details and variations of this recipe