Salmon is well-regarded not only for its exceptional flavor but also for its myriad health benefits, and these low carb air-fried salmon patties are a delightful way to enjoy this nutritional powerhouse! Whether you have leftover or canned salmon, this dish is a versatile and tasty option, packed with nutrients essential for overall well-being.
These salmon cakes are a harmonious blend of flavorful salmon, almond flour, a splash of lemon, crunchy vegetables, and a selection of spices, creating a balanced symphony of taste and texture. To elevate the experience, serve these cakes over fresh lettuce and accompanied by a zingy, spicy mayo!
This recipe is featured in my second cookbook, Keto Carbs Cookbook for Beginners which is all about our favorite recipes reimagined so they’re low carb.
Nutritional Highlights of Salmon:
Salmon’s reputation as a nutritional gem is well-earned, primarily due to its high concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids, essential for brain health and inflammation reduction. These fatty acids play a crucial role in combating chronic conditions such as heart disease and cognitive decline.
Salmon is also a robust source of high-quality protein, crucial for the maintenance and repair of body tissues. Including salmon in your diet can be especially beneficial for those aiming to preserve muscle mass and sustain bone health.
Vitamin & Mineral Rich:
Salmon is replete with B vitamins, which aid in energy production, inflammation reduction, and DNA repair. It is also rich in other essential minerals like potassium and selenium, contributing to optimal cellular and cardiovascular function.
While indulging in salmon’s wholesome goodness, choosing sustainably sourced or responsibly farmed varieties is crucial to ensure minimal environmental impact and to support ecological balance.
Low Carb Air Fried Salmon Patties
- 8 oz salmon
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise Mayonnaise
- 0.50 lemon juiced
- 1 stalk celery
- 0.25 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning or seafood seasoning
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning I use Spicy DanO's
- Start with 8 ounces of either leftover or canned salmon placed in a large bowl.
- Integrate a quarter cup of almond flour, one lightly beaten egg, and a tablespoon of mayo.
- Add the juice of half a lemon, chopped red onion, celery, and red bell pepper, along with your spices.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and form them into four to five evenly sized patties.
- Refrigerate the patties for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Air fry at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or pan-fry with a dash of olive oil until golden and crispy.
- Serve atop fresh lettuce and garnish with spicy mayo (a mix of sriracha and mayo) for a refreshing kick!
Air-fried salmon cakes are a tantalizing way to savor the nutritional abundance of salmon in a novel, appetizing form. This dish is not just a feast for the palate but also a nutritious boon, promoting overall well-being with every delightful bite. So, savor the flavorful crunch of these salmon cakes and nourish your body with their wholesome goodness!