I love serving these delicious low carb asparagus recipe as an appetizer to snack on before dinner or on the side with salmon. The crushed pork rinds add a terrific crunch and they’re a great, carb-free substitute for breadcrumbs. To crush the pork rinds, I seal them in a ziplock baggie and then either crush them with my hands or gently roll over the bag with a rolling pin.
I typically use unseasoned pork rinds for this low carb asparagus recipe, but recently tried them with 4505’s Classic Chili & Salt flavored pork rinds and they were AMAZING! So experiment with different flavors and let us know how they turn out in the comments below! You can also buy jars of crushed pork rinds from PorkKing Good in a variety of flavors – they are perfect for breading and the ultimate breadcrumb dupe!
As I’ve mentioned before, asparagus is an excellent nutritional source and also beneficial to dieters. While best known for making your pee smell funny, asparagus is low in calories and high in fiber?and is beneficial in reducing bloat and water retention while helping you feel full for longer. Full of antioxidants and Vitamin E, asparagus helps to boost your immune system while protecting our system from free radical damage as well.
Low Carb Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Sticks
- 1 bunch of asparagus mine had about 30 spears
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 cup ground pork rinds I put them in a ziploc and either crush them with my hands or with a rolling pin
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with non-stick spray.
- Snap off the tough ends of each asparagus spear.
- On two separate plates, add the eggs whites (lightly beaten) and the pork rinds + coconut flour + cheese. Season the mixture with salt and pepper if desired.
- Coat each asparagus spear in egg whites, then lay in the pork rind mixture and thoroughly cover.
- If the coating won?t stick, dip back in the egg whites and roll in coating once again. Lay each spear on the wire rack.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
[…] Low Carb Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Sticks […]