This light, low carb greek salad is perfect on it’s own however adding your favorite low carb pasta gives it a hearty boost that makes for a terrific side dish at barbecues and gatherings. I like to use Liviva Penne or noodles made from hearts of palm (Palmini or Trader Joe’s) in this however any low carb pasta works well.
I sometimes throw in a 1/4 cup of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) into my greek salad — while they are higher on the carb side so you’ll have to be carefully with everything else you eat to keep your daily carb count in check, garbanzos are a rich source of vitamins and fiber, and have been proven to support weight loss, digestion and are an excellent source of phytoestrogens which can help when managing menopause. And they are delicious!
You can experiment with this low carb salad recipe by omitting what you don’t like and adding your favorite vegetables and spices. And this also works perfectly in a wrap using your favorite low carb tortilla and some grilled chicken!
Low Carb Greek “Pasta” Salad
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano more for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 cup low carb pasta cooked and cooled
- 3 small Persian cucumbers seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans drained, optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- Add all of the salad dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add all of the vegetables and garbanzos (if using) into the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Top with the feta and olives. Give another light toss.