Since going keto three years ago, I have discovered a whole world of deliciously addictive recipes that I never knew about before. From Crack Slaw (on of my favorites) to this keto Ranch Chicken with Bacon, also known as keto Crack Chicken, has become one of my favorite keto recipes using chicken breasts. The Ranch Cream Cheese topping on this is so delicious – I could eat that straight! But it’s also amazingly delicious to smother on a head of cauliflower and bake — and my non-keto friends also have covered a loaf of sourdough bread with it and baked — DELICIOUS. The don’t call it “crack” for nothing — it’s seriously addictive and so so good.
I like to add some spice to this, so I’ll usually chop up a jalapeno and mix it in with the Ranch Cream Cheese mixture to add some heat – definitely play around with different flavors. The chicken comes out so tender and juicy and just enveloped in all the flavors. You’ll be putting this one on repeat for sure too! While I love using fresh herbs in this recipe, you can certainly use dried dill and chives, or you can skip the seasonings and mix in your favorite ranch seasoning mix into the cream cheese. If you are going for the ranch seasoning route, I suggest Oh My Spice’s Zesty Ranch – it’s made with good quality ingredients and is keto-friendly.
What I love about this Ranch Chicken with Bacon recipe is that it comes in at only 2g of net carbs per serving and is a great keto recipe for meal prep…you can make it at the beginning of the week and have lunch for days!
Keto Ranch Chicken with Bacon
- 4 slices bacon diced, preferably thick cut
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts flattened to 1/4-inch thickness
- Pink salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4- ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tsp fresh dill or 1/4 tsp dried
- 2 teaspoon fresh chives or 1/4 tsp dried
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400?
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking oil lightly.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon pieces until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from skillet and set on a paper towel-lined plate. Keep the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Add the avocado oil to the skillet.
- Season the flattened chicken breasts (I usually put them in a Ziploc and gently pound with a meat tenderizer) with salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and paprika.
- Put the skillet with the bacon drippings and avocado back over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and butter to the skillet and cook for three minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill and chives until well combined.
- Spread two tablespoons of the Ranch Cream Cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses (you can also only use cheddar, we just love Monterey Jack so I always add it to my recipes).
- Finish off by topping each chicken breast with the shredded cheese combo.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.