Happy National Pancake Day! I love using ricotta when baking because it provides a cheesecake-like texture, and in this recipe it adds a richness while making the pancakes light and fluffy at the same time. These low carb pancakes are perfect for Sunday brunch – I like to top them with fresh blackberries and lemon zest, but your favorite sugar-free syrup (I like ChocZero) also works well! They’re also delicious with a simple whipped cream! Make sure to use full-fat ricotta to get your fat macros in. With only 5g of net carbs and a whopping 15g of protein per serving, these pancakes will become a regular beyond today’s “holiday”!
This is one of over 100 easy, low carb recipes in my best-selling book, Keto Carbs Cookbook for Beginners. Grab a copy for more delicious recipes!
Keto Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour finely milled
- 4 eggs large
- 5 ounces full-fat ricotta
- 1/3 cup sweetener I use Allulose
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk or beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter and cook for 4 minutes per side until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with berries and lemon zest and enjoy!
@ketologylife It’s National Pancake Day! So why not have pancakes for dinner? These ricotta pancakes have only 5g of carbs, and 15 g of protein.#CapCut ##keto##lowcarblove##mounjaro ♬ original sound – Lolita @ Ketology