These Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are hearty and delicious – and a perfect appetizer or even a small meal for one! I use the Butcher’s Box breakfast sausage in this – I love that it has no added sugar like most store-bought breakfast sausage and that it’s high quality and delicious. Like all of Butcher Box’s meats, they are sustainable and grass fed.
I usually cook these in the air fryer because it’s faster – but the result is the same in the oven! If you love stuffed mushrooms – try my keto Crab Stuffed mushrooms too – delicious! Both low carb stuffed mushroom recipes are perfect starters for parties and holiday gatherings – for noshing on while preparing the big meal or just to enjoy with some other low carb appetizers. Whenever I’m entertaining, I make these, along with grilled Halloumi Bruschetta and Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Sticks. This trio is the perfect combo that will satisfy any guest without making anyone feel like they are eating “diet” food or skimping at the least. Pair with a cheese platter and low carb cocktails and the party is on!
Beyond the entertaining side, I will often make these for lunch because they are filling and are great with a hearty salad.
Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 baby bella mushrooms cleaned and stems removed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 oz no-sugar-added pork breakfast sausage at room temperature
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub olive oil on mushroom tops and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- In a small bowl, mix sausage, parsley, and cheese.
- Stuff each mushroom cap until mixture forms a nice cap slightly above the mushroom ribbing.
- Bake on a baking sheet roughly 20 minutes until sausage becomes browned and cheese browns slightly. Serve warm.