I have been on a shrimp kick lately – I’ve been making all sorts of keto shrimp recipes like these keto shrimp burritos, and also throw them in my lunch bowls often. This keto shrimp recipe with sautéed spinach over riced cauliflower is DELICIOUS.
Cauliflower is hailed as the carb-killer – and it’s definitely a fantastic substitute for some starches. I’m not on board with the cauliflower pizza crust train yet – but I’ll keep experimenting until I get a homemade cauliflower crust that works.
However, I love riced cauliflower in “rice” bowls for lunch because they’re delicious and easy to prep ahead of time. This sautéed shrimp and spinach is something I used to make all the time with rice for meal prep even before going keto – the seasoning can be switched up to have more of a Thai or Indian flair…both the spinach and shrimp take on flavors well, as does the cauliflower!
I usually pick up frozen, riced cauliflower at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods, however you can easily make your own by putting cauliflower florets in a food processor and chopping it up. Either way, you’ll get the same, delicious result! What are your favorite keto shrimp recipes? Share them in the comments below!
- 4 oz large shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2/3 cup riced cauliflower frozen
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook cauliflower rice according to package instructions and set aside in serving bowl.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet and add garlic. Heat until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and cook until just pink - about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add spices and continue cooking until shrimp is more fully pink - another 4 minutes or so.
- Throw in cup of spinach and toss until spinach is just wilted. Squeeze lemon juice over and give it a final toss.
- Serve in bowl over cauliflower rice garnished with fresh lemon slices.