The Sous Vide obsession continues… Today, I decided to try to recreate Starbucks keto sous vide egg bites and they were delicious! As I mentioned in my post about how to order keto at Starbucks, you’d think their sous vide egg bites are keto and low carb, but that’s not the case! In fact, in addition to some of them being high carb, the Starbucks version also doesn’t have the best ingredients. However, you can make these at home easily and I highly recommend investing in a sous vide cooker – there are a variety available on Amazon and will change the way you cook steak, fish and you can make these egg bites too!
Sous vide cooking is not for the impatient – last week I tried soft boiled eggs which took nearly 45 minutes and were meh. I’m sticking to the instant pot for those, but these egg bites are perfectly souffle-like and satisfying. I made mine with bacon and havarti, but any combo you like with eggs I’m sure would work.
What I love about these keto egg bites is that they are great for meal prep – I make them in these small 4oz mason jars (these little jars come in handy for so many things, but they’re the perfect size for these egg bites) and then they stay fresh in the fridge for days!
Starbucks-Style Sous Vide Egg Bites
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup full-fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese i like gruyere or havarti
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- Setup your water bath and set sous vide cooker to 172F
- Blend eggs, cottage and shredded cheeses with salt and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly among 4 Mason jars (I used 4oz Ball jelly jars).
- Add desired toppings: bacon crumbles, diced peppers or tomato, diced ham...or get creative! If you can omelette it, you can egg bite it!
- Cover the jelly jars tightly, submerge in the water bath and set timer for an hour.
- After the hour is up - carefully remove the jars (I used tongs) and allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes.