Ah, the aroma of cinnamon rolls baking in the oven — it’s one of those scents that can instantly transport you back to lazy Sunday mornings, wrapped in the comfort of home. However, for those of us who are on a low-carb or ketogenic diet, indulging in this sweet treat can feel like a distant dream. But not anymore! Let’s make sugar-free, low carb cinnamon rolls topped with a luscious cream cheese icing. Yes, it’s the perfect Sunday morning treat, minus the guilt.
Serve these delicious cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven, and watch as they become the star of your Sunday morning breakfast spread. Healthy, low-carb, and absolutely divine, these cinnamon rolls are sure to become a favorite in no time!
Low Carb, Sugar-Free Cinnamon Rolls
Low Carb, Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder I like IsoPure
- 1/2 cup oat fiber
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Allulose
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sweetener or sugar-free honey
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar substitute
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the keto-friendly dry ingredients such as almond flour, vanilla whey protein, oat fiber, xanthan gum, baking powder, sea salt, and granulated sugar substitute.
- In a separate bowl, blend the low-carb wet ingredients including eggs, melted butter, warm water, cream cheese, and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture using a spatula until a sticky dough emerges. For best results, let this dough chill in the fridge for around 20 minutes.
- As the dough sets, preheat your oven to a toasty 350°F.
- On a sheet pan lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper, spread out the dough. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and press down until the dough is evenly spread across almost the entire pan.
- Sprinkle a generous layer of cinnamon powder and drizzle over the sugar-free honey. Using the parchment, roll the dough into a tight cylinder and let it chill for another 30 minutes.
- Once ready, grease a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut your cinnamon roll log into 12 even pieces. Place them in the dish, ensuring there’s about an inch of space between each. Bake these beauties for 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- As your cinnamon rolls bake to perfection, start on your frosting. Mix the cream cheese and butter together until you achieve a light and fluffy texture. This usually takes around 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla extract followed by the powdered sugar substitute.
- Once the cinnamon rolls have finished baking, let them rest for a brief 5 minutes. Then, spread the cream cheese frosting on top and enjoy!