Crafting your own nutritious and flavorful creamer for coffee and tea
When it comes to embracing a healthier lifestyle, every detail counts, including the creamer you add to your coffee or tea. Here, we are going to unravel a simple, yet delightful recipe to make your own low-carb creamer at home, ensuring that your beverages are not just delicious but also nutritious.
Many prefer to make their creamers at home to have control over the ingredients and to avoid added sugars and unhealthy fats often found in store-bought varieties. If you are on the hunt for convenient store-bought options, “Super Creamer” is a brand that offers healthful alternatives. However, making it at home allows you to experiment with flavors and sweetness to suit your taste buds.
Sugar Free, Low Carb Coffee Creamer
- 1 ½ tbsp Unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 cups Heavy cream
- ⅙ cup Sweetener I use Monkfruit or Allulose
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
Start the Process:
- Begin by placing a tablespoon of butter or ghee, a cup of heavy cream, and a quarter cup of sweetener, preferably monk fruit, into a saucepan.
Simmer and Stir:
- Over medium heat, let the ingredients simmer and stir them until the butter has melted and the sweetener is dissolved.
- Once the mixture reaches a boiling point, reduce the heat and let it simmer on low for about 30 minutes. This will allow the concoction to thicken and reach a caramel-like consistency.
Add More Goodness:
- After reaching the desired thickness, whisk in a half a cup of almond milk or your favorite nut milk along with a quarter cup of heavy cream. Continue whisking over low heat until everything is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a mason jar. This homemade creamer can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks, providing you a healthy option for your daily beverages.
Once you have your sugar-free creamer base, the flavor variations are limitless! For a classic choice, add vanilla extract for a vanilla creamer. Feeling festive? Mix in some pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice for a cozy pumpkin spice creamer.
Making your own low-carb creamer at home is a delightful and health-conscious choice. This not only ensures that you know what’s going into your body but also allows you to have fun and be creative with flavors. Whether you are a tea enthusiast or a coffee lover, this versatile creamer can elevate your beverage experience while maintaining your healthy, low-carb lifestyle. Enjoy the rich, creamy goodness in each sip!