These keto crepes are my go-to for breakfast when I need something quick and filling that I can also take on the go if necessary. I’ll make a few of these crepes and store them in the freezer – they are quick to warm up, fill with your favorite toppings and grill into a compact quesadilla-style meal.
The crepes themselves have 0g of net carbs – and I like to fill mine typically with a scrambled egg, fresh spinach, avocado and goat cheese. Experiment with your favorite fillings – but the crepe itself packs in the protein, healthy fat and nutrients. Of course, you can also enjoy these for lunch or dinner — I sometimes will use them as a tortilla alternative for taco night or use it as a traditional wrap to stuff with deli meat, veggies and cheese!
The spinach in the keto crepes doesn’t effect the taste at all – just adds goodness. So, this is also a great way to get kids who don’t like spinach to get it in without them tasting it! Because they are tasteless, you can also fill them with sweet ingredients like berries and cream — while the colors might be a little psychedelic with the green shell, it is delicious!
Benefits of Spinach
In addition to an excellent fiber source, spinach is rich in vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate. Vitamin K is important for bone heath and spinach is the best source of vitamin K – so adding spinach to your diet as you age is essential and this is a great way to sneak it in.
Zero Carb Spinach Crepes
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all batter ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Heat up a skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly spray if necessary.
- Pour half of the batter into the skillet and swirl the skillet to cover and create a thin, even layer with the batter.
- When bubbles start to form on the surface, carefully flip and cook until browned on each side.
- Remove from heat.
- On one half of the crepe, add your desired fillings — scrambled egg, cheese, chopped vegetables — and fold over.
- Grill on each side until browned and any cheese fillings have melted.