Cauliflower is a wonderful, low carb substitute for potatoes, can be made into tortillas, biscuits and work great to make keto cauliflower tater tots that are fun and delicious for adults and kids! In addition to being a versatile, low carb alternative to starchy vegetables and grains, cauliflower is high in fiber (yay, net carbs!)has a pretty robust nutritional profile with one serving providing 100% of the daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C, which is essential to overall health. It’s also a great source of antioxidants and Choline – a nutrient that regulates mood, enhances memory and helps with muscle control.
These keto cauliflower tater tots are so easy to make and are a perfect dupe for traditional tater tots without the carbs! I love these with Sir Kensington’s Spicy Ketchup or a low carb ranch. We serve these on the side with our keto burgers on Monday’s burger night and even created a cheesy, nacho-type snack by topping them with my keto chili and cheese! YUM!
You can either fry these up in a pan as directed below, or throw them in the air fryer (one of my favorite gadgets) – just pop them in at 400? for about 9 minutes and they come out crispy and delicious!
Cauliflower Tater Tots
- 1 1/2 pounds riced cauliflower
- 4 tbsp avocado oil? divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk mozzarella shredded
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- In a large skillet over medium, dry cauliflower rice with 2 tablespoons oil for 5-10 minutes until soft and starting to brown. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and mix in cheese, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Combine browned cauliflower rice with egg mixture. Stir mixture well to melt cheese. Form tots using a spoon or melon scoop.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry tots using remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Space tots apart in a single layer, turning every 3-5 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Repeat until all tots are cooked. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and serve hot.